- Staff Wellbeing Survey has been emailed out to all staff.
- Draft details for September will be emailed later on today, there may be minor changes in the summer due to COVID. List of training to be completed by the first week of September 2021.
- Transition day today and tomorrow are held in the sixth form.
- Tuesday – Ambrette afternoon tea to be held after school @ 3.15, if you have not filled in your form for allergies please contact DE before 10.00am
- School closes on Wednesday @12.00 after students have left the premises.
- BS Sports Festival please make sure all form groups sign up for activities by the end of the day.
MTA took briefing.
- 6th form work experience has gone well this week
- Kai Wilson has made significant improvements this week, if you see him, please encourage him.
- Well done to the staff that passed their level 1 BSL. If any staff are interested in doing these courses, please let Claire know.
- Online attendance has been better than MTA expected. Students have been engaged in school and online. Well done and thank you to staff.
- Form tutors please get your tutees signed up for the sports activities on Wednesday
- SWI advised (further to her email) that Karen has offered Place2Think consultations after school breaks up. Please contact her if you’d like an appointment.
- Year 10 Td/IPV & Men ACWY Vaccinations will be held on Thursday 15 July 2021
- Raffle tickets please see DE and HOY’s, please push to the end of term.
- Year 12 Transition being held this week, thank you to all involved.
- Year 6 Transition day will be held 19th / 20th July in Sixth Form. Sixth Form carpark will be out of bounds for these 2 days.
- Once again please do not let students out of class without a card. Please use your discretion.
- Summer uniform to the end of term, push so that we can finish as we started off.
- Congratulations to EMcD for student MR going from a Distinction Level 1 to 2.
- Congratulations to CW Year 9 lesson on Abortion.
- Next Tuesday – Staff Goodbyes will be held in the Quad, MT look forward to seeing you there.
Any Other Business:-
- HK Reminder of Book sale in the Library this week, and also please check schedules for AR Literacy and Numeracy.
MTA took briefing.
- Lucy Reeve was nominated for two CCCU awards for Expert Practitioner and Professional Mentor for all of her amazing work with our trainee teachers, NQTs etc. Congratulations Lucy.
- Well done to the Teach First staff that have been in this week. We have enjoyed having you and already feel like part of the team.
- Thanks to Nigel for organising the football competition – make sure you get your final scores in to him.
- Football starts after school next Friday – all are welcome, it’s a fun way to get together.
- We are continuing to look at ways to support each other and are committed to improving wellbeing. If you have any ideas, please let MTA/SWI know.
- The Goldman Sachs Science workshops have been really positive this week, particular well done to Chloe Laurence, Chloe Stoodley and Tyler. Thanks to all the staff involved in supporting this.
- Well done to Zach, Darcy, Ella and Harry for receiving their STRIVE Lion Award this week.
- Thank you to staff who have used the ‘Easy Fundraising’ site, particularly to this month’s top fundraisers – Holly Smit, Michelle Clayson, Reoghan Walsh and Kirsti Brackenborough. It’s really simple to use so please think about it when online shopping. This gives a percentage of sales to Hartsdown and is used to fund music lessons etc. for students.
- RPO said that her trip to the Lido last week, meeting the architect involved in the regeneration, was really successful – the students were amazing – Memphis Fisher and Alicia Rakasova
- HKI promoted the Bubble Book Sale which will take place in the library next week, this is to sell off some surplus books 50p each or 3 for £1. Please see her email and advertise to students. Staff are welcome to look at the end of the week.
- Lucy D said the Young Black project was really successful, the students were amazing – in particular Georgia Trevelyn, Kyle Tollington and Jay Harris
MT took today’s briefing.
- 10 outstanding days starts today to keep learning going until the end of term
- Welcome to new staff:
- Katy Goldfinch – Maths
- John Sherwood – Science
- 6 x Teach First starting Tomorrow.
- Science Day today with Goldman Sachs Room MF10 until Thursday Lunchtime
- IB Results will be in today, Students will arrive for results tomorrow between 10.30-11.30
- Thank you for the feedback on Class Charts and those involved in Sexual Harassment
- Reminder to use Homework setting
- MC is temporary DSL, if MC is absent please contact DE who will then notify MT.
- Any Other Business:-
- LD Think Forward – Young & Black project Tuesday / Wednesday 09.00 – 11.00am for Yr 10
- Yr 10 Ambassadors Think Forward will be launching Mental Health Project
- Mental health support for Students LD SW KS.
- MT reminded staff for feedback for improvements to support staff’s wellbeing, HA have signed up for DFE Wellbeing Charter.
- RH is our Health & Safety Governor anybody else who is interested in H&S please speak to RH/MT
- RH – Timetables will be coming out in the next day or so, there will be no cover lessons on timetables, RH will let you know how many spare lessons you have where you may be called for cover.
Matt Tate took the briefing.
Celebrations this week:-
- Visits from KES and Danecourt both schools were totally blown away with teaching, learning, behaviour and the cover in lessons.
- 10 to 10 days to the end of term – You can get your raffle tickets from DE and SLT, lessons will continue to be structured and boundaries set until end of term.
- For all those involved in the running of the vaccinations, and for the teaching in class continuing during the disruption.
- Sara Richardson, for getting more students involved in music we had 21 tasters.
- ARK Staff for the CPD yesterday. Positive feedback on how well students are doing in the right environment.
- HK and KL contribution.
- TH organising meeting.
- RS for sending MT email for postcards to be sent out.
- Aaron / Alfie Hedges great conversations with both students about minimum and expected grades. Massive shift in attitude and what they want to achieve.
- Beat KES at Golf
- HA have beat schools at Football.
- We will be holding a football match next Friday, all welcome to get involved.
- HA to increase well being, really important for everyone, any ideas please see SW and MT.
- Test email went out yesterday, training has been sent out for all to do, please give feedback.
THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK!
Matt opened the briefing to hold a minute of silence for Martin Collins from Dare to Differ who sadly passed away last week. Karen from Place To Be will be available for not only our students but also Staff. Our thoughts are with his family and all those affected.
We have an INSET day on Thursday, the agenda will be sent out tomorrow afternoon.
Salmestone Primary school will be here for a science visit this week.
The equipment button is going live on class charts, this is to help our students for later in life when they go to work making sure they have the correct PPE etc, please check in tutor times.
Thank you for the Ambassadors in classes, please make sure this is 100% every lesson.
Please make sure you log homework even if not submitted.
MT had a good meeting Friday with the trust, feedback will be given by Kate Greig, all MT could say is the transformation could only be possible in our schools because we are able to collaborate to make a difference.
Make sure you get your football scores to Nigel, there will be a showcase in the staff meeting which will be short and not followed by department time to allow you to go home and either watch the football or take the time for yourselves.
Taken by Tom Sellen.
It has been a long difficult week for all, he recognises the positive of timetable and how much pressure it puts on all of you, it is appreciated. Good news and a credit to the teaching and learning this week, which has been excellent. The attitude of students from last week to this week has been brilliant. Thank you very much, the response of Ambassadors being set up and purple folders.
RG / HOY behaviour has been excellent with a few issues with a few wrong timetables and students being in the wrong place but this was resolved.
Please remember to get your scores into Nigel, after the showcase Tuesday at 3.15 you will be able to go.
Well done and superb effort from Lisa Bourlet for cycling over 200 miles she has raised over £630, for all those who have not paid up, please do asap, and if you still want to donate please do. An amazing effort!
Tom wished the staff a good day.
MTA took briefing and welcomed back our Teach First teachers after having completed their placements last week.
MTA congratulated SRO and LBA on gaining their QTS.
If students want equipment they can buy it from staff or borrow from their friends. If they are unable to do this, they will receive a 10-minute detention (see email from CMO)
MTA advised that it is summer uniform. Jumpers should not be worn unless they are underneath a blazer. From September we will be cracking down on acrylic nails, make up etc. so please start warning students now.
Ambassadors should be in place in classes and able to answer questions.
Please ensure all students are working from their books.
Can staff also please ensure they are wearing their masks in communal areas.
Tom Sellen took today’s Staff Briefing.
Good news HD has had her baby and both are doing well.
Please check the cover.
Big thank you from TS and CR for all those who have been involved in the TAGS which is coming to an end, this has been a huge extra stress for you all, big responsibility, so important for the students. Credit to everyone for the first time round, there are a few more bits of paperwork to do. HOD to make sure evidence is done, we will be sending out between 21-23/06/21 what work they wish us to send in, to scrutinize. We are confident in the process we have undertaken.
Can we please be vigilant and not let students out of lessons unless they have permission to do so, they are not to be allowed out to fill water bottles up. It seems to be slipping by the end of the week at the end of the day, please make sure this does not happen.
Message from CR Friday Year 7&10 PPE data to be in.
RG will have the new duties list for us by the end of this week.
Staff Meeting on Tuesday this week KG from the trust will be speaking. Please make sure you are all here and on time.
CM, check all parents are signed up to the Class charts app, all contact details are on there.
Reminder: RH to send out timetables to HOD tomorrow please check your rooms. TS thanked RH for all the hard work which has gone into this.
TS ended the meeting and wished everyone a great week.