Do Now/Entry Work
- This connects the learning from the previous session or introduces a new topic.
- It is a short activity that the students commence immediately on entering room.
- Handing out at door/ready in places/on board e.g.
- It should be engaging and stimulate thought about the lesson to come.
Preparing the Learner
- High challenge / Low stress
- Emotions and learning
- Classroom rituals
- Developing skills for learning such as effective group work skills
- Being equipped with tools for learning
- Motivation and readiness for learning
- Big Picture- how does the lesson connect to the module
Questions to consider
- What makes an effective "Do Now" activity?
- How does this strategy increase classroom efficiency?
- What is the relationship between routines and classroom management?