Responsible To: Head of Science
Responsible For: Science
Location: Margate, Kent
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR2b
Start Date: September 2018 or earlier
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced teacher with passion and enthusiasm to join our team at Hartsdown Academy. We are at a new phase of improvement and development and we are looking for experienced teachers to be part of this exciting journey.
This an exciting opportunity to assist the Head of Science rebuilding the department and putting science at the centre of the school. You will be ambitious, well qualified, an outstanding classroom teacher and possess strong management and interpersonal skills, with a proven record of raising achievement.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure all students make rapid and sustained progress
- Develop KS4 curriculum and embed in the department
- Work with the Head of Science to manage staff to ensure outstanding teaching and learning within the department
- Build innovative and creative learning that ensures every child achieves at or above national expectations
In return we will offer you:
- The chance to rebuild the Science department alongside our new Head of Department
- An exciting environment where you can really make a difference
- Being part of a small local trust that is totally committed to its staff and children
- Significant opportunities for CPD and development
Please contact Claire Titherington on 01843 227957 ext. 1060 or by emailing email@example.com if you are interested in this role.
Hartsdown Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake a DBS Employment Check.