Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- Student Council Support World Fair Trade Day 22 May 2017 - As part of the student council’s continued involvement with community projects, Shona, Kathryn, Callum and Kane volunteered to help celebrate the World Fair Trade Day on Sunday 14 May at the Winter Gardens, Margate. They assisted with the promotion of fair trade highlighting its importance and taking on every task with cheerful willingness. Some students even sported banana suits branded with the Fair Trade […]
- Hart Theatre Company Jnrs Present ‘Annie Jnr’ – 24-26 May 7pm 19 May 2017 - Our KS3 production of Annie is on for three nights next week – Wednesday 24th, Thursday 25th and Friday 26th, at 7pm. We have some absolutely fantastic students involved and it would be great to see some of you there supporting them, they've worked really hard. Tickets are available from reception or on the door. Hope to see you there!
- Return to Study 15 May 2017 - Are you interested in a return to learning? Beginning in September 2017, The University of Kent is launching an exciting new way for adults to return to education at Hartdown Academy, The Access to Higher Education Diploma is designed for adults and focuses on coursework rather than exams.Taught in the evenings, you will be able to […]
- Governing Body 11 May 2017 - We are currently looking to recruit a parent governor. This would involve attending governing body meetings and, as part of a team, helping to provide clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction as well as holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school, and its pupils. The Finance Committee also meet to oversee […]