Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- Hartsdown’s Got Talent 26/04/18 24 April 2018 - A talent show hosted and organised by our year 11's for their course here at Hartsdown. Our students have created a show including students from lower years and also 6 formers, the theme will be glow in the dark so bring your torches. Ticket are £3:50 for adults and £2:50 for children and can be purchased at […]
- Creative Writing Competition 23 April 2018 - Here are some of the entries from our latest creative writing competition. Students were asked to come up with a poem or short story based on the theme 'Spring/Rebirth'. All the entries were of an extremely high standard with Rosa Williams as the winner of the contest and Ella Cannon as runner-up.
- New Build Videos 19 March 2018 - Designs for the new build.
- Year 10 Film Studies Workshop 12 March 2018 - On Wednesday 7th March, Year 10 Film Studies students were lucky enough to be visited by director Deborah Paige who has worked on many projects such as Eastenders and Judge John Deed. The students first heard from Deborah about what it is like to have a career in the Film and TV industry which was […]