Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- IB Psychology Diploma 11 September 2017 - Psychology students tested their knowledge and skills by marking out the different areas of the brain on their peers. The task was for students to study the anatomy of the brain then were tested on their memory by drawing on a shower cap on their partner. ALL students did an amazing job, with having some […]
- GCSE and A Level Results 24 August 2017 - Hartsdown students have achieved many well-earned successes in their GCSE results this year. Top performing students include: Krista Kaminska with a 7 in English Language, A* in RE and As in both Core and Additional Science. Mia Curran achieved a 6 in English Literature, English Language and Maths, A* in Performing Arts and RE and […]
- Uniform Collection Information 11 July 2017 - New school uniform is now available for collection via the school office. The school office will be open from 10am – 2pm during the summer holiday. You will be asked to sign to confirm that you have received the items and if you are the parent/carer of a new year 7 student we will require […]
- ARTgate 09 July 2017 - Hartsdown students had the privilege of being involved with Artgate at the Turner Contemporary where our school choir performed two astounding twenty minute sets. They were incredibly nervous but sounded fantastic and after they had sung, the organiser asked if students would step in to lead the procession to the Turner Contemporary. Not only did our students accept the […]