Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- Year 11 Half-Term Revision 08 February 2018 - Although the summer exams in May and June seem a long way away, they do have a habit of sneaking up far quicker than any of us expect! Do not leave revision until the last minute which causes sleepless nights, last minute cramming and in many cases underperformance. February half term revision offers dedicated time for students to […]
- CAT MAD 2018 08 February 2018 -
- Well done to everyone who participated in the CAT MAD Event 06/02/18 07 February 2018 - On Tuesday 6th February, Hartsdown were involved in the CAT MAD event. It was an evening designed to celebrate Music, Art and Dance across the schools involved with the Coastal Academy Trust. Hartsdown performed three numbers led by Mrs Richardson and Mrs Pollard. The 6th form Performing Arts students performed "When You're an Addams" from […]
- UCA Easter School 05 February 2018 - Year 10 or 11 If you are planning on going to college or University to study a creative subject then the University of Creative Arts (UCA) has an amazing Easter school running, so you can start building up your portfolio. The Easter Schools will run from Tuesday 3 April – Friday 6 April across all of their campuses. […]