Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- Wales Trip 25 April 2017 - One of the opportunities that Hartsdown students have is to go and visit Snowdon. During this residential students are taken out of their comfort zone as they climb a mountain, traverse over the sea and complete a gorge walk. This gives students opportunity to develop their leadership and resilence. The videos below give a flavour of […]
- Junior Football Leaders 23 April 2017 - Some of our students form year 9 to year 11 took a Junior Football Leaders course run by The Football Association. FA tutor Lee Suter run the with the students. Liam Chapman, Reiss Gray, Alfie Savory and Alfie Scott from year 9. Adam Gleeson, Joel Jones, Reece Stoodley, Ravel Telles, Vinny Menga and Tamzin Jardine […]
- April 2017 – A Fresh New Start! 19 April 2017 - Independent Catering are delighted to have been appointed as the catering partners at Hartsdown Academy. As a small, local Kent based company, our philosophy is based on delivering fresh, locally procured food. Our fresh food credentials are further underpinned by the recent award of the Gold Standard Catering mark by the Soil Association. This means […]
- Year 11 Easter Revision Sessions 3-6 April 31 March 2017 - Year 11 please ensure you take advantage of our Easter revision sessions taking place daily from 3 – 6 April… collect points and achieve your goals! #HAStrive #WIT