Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- Year 11 Prom Passport 24 February 2017 - In order to go to Prom 2017 you will need to collect points by attending revision sessions and getting your prom Passport signed by your teachers. Once you have attended 40 revision sessions you can begin to earn money off your Prom, and even end up going for free! To go to Prom 40 points […]
- Making Time For Art – Short Course in Cliftonville 22 February 2017 - These courses are designed for those who do not already have a degree and no previous experience is necessary. The course will take place at Resort Studios, Cliftonville, Kent, United Kingdom on 13, 20,27 March & 3, 10 April 10.30 – 12.30 To find out more or book a place please contact email@example.com or 01634 […]
- Year 12 Residential Summer School at the University of Surrey – Free to eligible students 08 February 2017 - Dear Parents and Carers of year 12 students, The University of Surrey is offering an exciting, wide ranging programme of residential summer schools for students interested in finding out more about university study. The residential summer schools are FREE to eligible students, students interested please see Miss Palmer in sixth form for more information or click […]
- Year 8 Parents’ Evening – Wednesday 8 February 16:00 – 18:00. 01 February 2017 - We look forward to seeing you at year 8 Parents Evening on Wednesday 8th February from 16:00 – 18:00. Please book appointments. Mr Morton, Head of Year 8.