Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- 4 Days B4 – NEW GIG DATE! 09 March 2017 - NEW GIG DATE! NEW GIG DATE! NEW GIG DATE! '4 Days B4' the Hartsdown Academy sixth form band are pleased to announce their revised gig date of Monday 20th March now being held at Hartsdown Academy. We look forward to seeing you for a night of great LIVE music featuring covers of songs from The […]
- World Book Day 2017 06 March 2017 - In honour of World Book Day on Thursday 2nd March , a number of students were chosen to take part in literature-based activities in the library. Students said they enjoyed the day, after creating bookmarks and book covers, crafting poetry from word banks and collaboratively writing stories in small groups. Highlights from the day include poetry […]
- Year 11 Prom Passport 24 February 2017 - In order to go to Prom 2017 you will need to collect points by attending revision sessions and getting your prom Passport signed by your teachers. Once you have attended 40 revision sessions you can begin to earn money off your Prom, and even end up going for free! To go to Prom 40 points […]
- Making Time For Art – Short Course in Cliftonville 22 February 2017 - These courses are designed for those who do not already have a degree and no previous experience is necessary. The course will take place at Resort Studios, Cliftonville, Kent, United Kingdom on 13, 20,27 March & 3, 10 April 10.30 – 12.30 To find out more or book a place please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01634 […]