Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- Hartsdown Raffle 13 November 2018 - Year 7 is holding a raffle to raise money for community projects that they are planning to run. Tickets available from Reception and students during lunchtime; at 20 pence per ticket. 10% of the money raised will go towards Year 11 Prom. We would like to thank the following venues who have donated prizes for the […]
- NHS Success! 13 November 2018 - Tuesday 13th November 5.30-6.30pm – open to all parents and students. NHS Success! inspires young people to seize control of their future and consider the wide range of over 350 different career possibilities available to them working in the NHS. It’s a fun and engaging presentation, which is also informative and inspirational .Professional actors portray an array of […]
- Excellence in Geography 10 November 2018 - Year 8 have been studying Coasts and one element of this is understanding erosional processes and erosional landforms. All students worked in pairs, to design their own landforms using playdough. Then, they annotated the landforms they created using Level 5 GCSE keywords for processes and landforms. After completion, they walked around voting for the best landform creation. The winners were […]
- Parent Governors Needed 02 November 2018 -