Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- Skills 30:30 15 June 2018 - Yesterday we saw 12 year 10 students and 6 year 12 students partake in a ‘speed networking’ formatted careers session. This consisted of 2 sessions which involved CV formatting and advice, interviewing techniques and advice on what businesses look for in potential employees. The second session involved visitors from 20 local businesses interviewing the students, […]
- Polaroid Workshop 20 May 2018 - Year 10 Art and Film Studies students participated in a polaroid photography workshop. They photographed themselves, editing the polaroids so that the images were see through. They then mounted these on backgrounds they had created to reflect themselves. All work is going to be entered into the UCA Alternative Selfie competition and have the chance […]
- MoonWalk 2018 15 May 2018 - This week we are celebrating the amazing stamina of our 3 colleagues Mrs Wills, Mrs Bobbett and Mrs Attwood. They completed the 26.2 mile MoonWalk in London on Sunday in aid of Walk the Walk breast cancer charity. They have already raised well over £1000 but it would be great if they could raise more. […]
- Arcadia Day 10 May 2018 - Students attended an enrichment activity through Think Forward. The activity was an insight day into music and engineering industry which involved listening to numerous professionals who gave advice and guidance into careers within the sector. Students represented the school brilliantly, showed good organisational skills by turning up to the event on time, as well as […]