Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- The Youth Travel Ambassador Project 15 October 2018 - Hartsdown Youth Travel Ambassadors The Youth Travel Ambassador Programme is an exciting new project for year 8 and 12/13 students , offered by the Kent County Council Road Safety Team. This programme provides young people , aged 11-18, with the skills and confidence to address road safety issues affecting their school community. The project is […]
- Poppy Proms in the Park 11 October 2018 - Events will start at the Memorial Recreation Ground 1914-1918 (commonly known as the Memorial Ground) in Broadstairs on Saturday 10th November 2018, with a living history exhibit of life during 1914-1918 giving everyone a chance to recreate and experience life during the First World War. This exhibit will give a glimpse into the home front […]
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) 2018 08 October 2018 - This weekend saw 3 of our Year 11 students participate in the Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) 2018 with Margate Rotary Club. The aim of this weekend was the encourage a vision to develop teamwork and leadership skills, in the hope for them to become future community professional and business leaders. Throughout the weekend, students […]
- Update of bus times from Stagecoach 21 September 2018 - As from Monday 24th September, the 932 service will run 9 minutes earlier. This change has been made to ensure that the bus arrives at school in plenty of time. Could you please ensure that the times below are passed on to your students that use this service. Dane Valley Fitzroy Avenue 08.02 Dane Valley […]