Welcome to Hartsdown Academy
I am delighted to welcome you to the Hartsdown Academy website.
I hope that our website will provide you with an insight into our values, our recent progress, and our ambitious plans for the future of our school.
My beliefs about education are quite simple. I believe every child deserves an excellent education, that every child can achieve and that it is our job to overcome barriers and make it happen. The key question I ask myself is whether what we are doing is good enough for my child and if it is not then I seek to rapidly address the issues.
Our vision for Hartsdown is also simple:
- Every child is known and cared for
- Every child has an excellent education
- Every child is prepared for an excellent future through great qualifications and a rounded education
- A real partnership between home and school
- A school that we can all be proud of
To make this happen everyone at Hartsdown is committed to excellence in everything we do. Particularly:
- Academic excellence, including the launch of the International Baccalaureate in 6th form
- Excellent Behaviour, supporting children to behave in an exemplary fashion.
- Excellent Uniform, a commitment to perfect uniform.
- A 'no excuses' culture where excellence is the norm.
- High quality relationships. As a school we want to be known for our care of children and our partnership with parents.
My team and I work tirelessly to ensure that Hartsdown provides the very best education; one in which every single child fulfils their true potential in all areas.
If you would like to find out more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01843 227957. We look forward to welcoming you to Hartsdown Academy.
Mr Matthew Tate Headteacher
- Inset Dates – 6 & 7 July 21 June 2017 - Dear Parent/Carer I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support this year. This year has been particularly busy, especially for our children. They have been learning many new skills as well as being part of the wider school community, such as the trips to Wales, our successful production of Annie, […]
- Year 6 Transition Day and Information Meeting – Thursday 6 July 19 June 2017 - Transition Day for all students moving from year 6 to year 7 in September takes place from 9am – 3pm on Thursday 6 July. The aim of this day is to ease the transition between primary and secondary school by allowing students to begin to get to know the school and some of the staff […]
- New Food Pod arrives! 02 June 2017 - Thanks to Independent Catering and the site team our new food pod has arrived. This will help ease the queue times. Slideshow below.
- Student Council Support World Fair Trade Day 22 May 2017 - As part of the student council’s continued involvement with community projects, Shona, Kathryn, Callum and Kane volunteered to help celebrate the World Fair Trade Day on Sunday 14 May at the Winter Gardens, Margate. They assisted with the promotion of fair trade highlighting its importance and taking on every task with cheerful willingness. Some students even sported banana suits branded with the Fair Trade […]